SPECIAL MESSAGE REGARDING CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19
Coronavirus/COVID-19 is a concern for everyone in the world at the moment and the Bishop Chamber of Commerce is committed to staying informed and passing along facts as we receive them. The health of our community, our businesses and our guests is paramount.
We are encouraging responsibility from residents and guests alike.
The California Department of Public Health is encouraging everyone to help prevent the spread of this respiratory illness with these everyday actions:
- If you have respiratory symptoms like fever and cough, stay home.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Follow guidance from public health officials.
It is imperative that everyone stay informed and get health and travel updates from trusted experts.
Here are some helpful links:
- Inyo County Public Health & Prevention Division: https://www.inyocounty.us/services/health-human-services/public-health-and-prevention-division/how-do-i/prevent-spread
- California Department of Public Health: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/ncov2019.aspx
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention: cdc.gov/coronavirus
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Map: coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
- New York Times Coronavirus Content Hub: nytimes.com/interactive/2020/world/coronavirus-maps.html
- U.S. Travel Association Resource Page: ustravel.org/coronavirus
- Visit California Coronavirus Resource Page: industry.visitcalifornia.com/coronavirus
Bishop welcomes friends and family from near and far – these are not tourists, they are our guests. We invite our guests to come to our home and to enjoy our big backyard. We trust our guests will visit in the most responsible and respectful ways. Good guests are always invited back!