- This event has passed.
Community Reads Schedule of Events
April 2, 2019
One event on April 11, 2019 at 12:00 am
One event on April 24, 2019 at 12:00 am
One event on April 23, 2019 at 12:00 am
One event on April 30, 2019 at 12:00 am
One event on May 8, 2019 at 12:00 am
One event on May 15, 2019 at 12:00 am
Inyo Council for the Arts and the Inyo County Office of Education are excited to announce The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak as the 2019 Inyo County Community Reads book! The theme for this year’s Community Reads will center on the virtues of bravery and tolerance in our community. We are excited to begin our eleventh year of celebrating and promoting literacy and community through reading and art. For more information about all of this year’s events go to http://www.inyo.org/communityreads.com, call us at (760)873-8014. or stop by Inyo Council for the Arts on main Street in Bishop.
- Tuesday,4/2 and Thursday 4/11 both at 10:00am. Bridging the Gap: Holocaust Survivor Live Stream, at Bishop ICA and in Lone Pine at the Museum of Western Film History. Presentation by a Holocaust Survivor through the Museum of Tolerance.
- Wednesday 4/24 at 5:00pm. The Inyo County Student Art Show features art by students form across the county. Stop by the gallery and support our your artists. The student show runs from 4/22 through 5/17.
- Tuesday 4/23 in Independence and Tuesday 4/30 at Big Pine Library both at 4:30pm. Family Art and Story Time.
- Wednesday 5/8 at Bishop ICA and Museum of Western Film History both at 6:00pm. The Book Thief screening. After you finish the book, and even if you don’t, come see the movie at our special free screenings
- Wednesday 5/15 5:00pm at Lo-Inyo Multi Purpose Room. The 2019 Inyo COunty Community Reads will conclude with another fun and free community dinner in Lone Pine. Remember the entire event is free but seating is limited. Get your tickets at ICA before they are gone.